Control of Processing and Data Handling
ULTIM has all the options and parameters required to develop the most
sophisticated programs. Highlighted here are the more typical or more
- Automated functions for date-format modification, calculations on dates, concatenation of fields, etc.
- Statements for converting data from or to the CSV format.
- Statements for converting data into XML format.
fields to access system information such as current date, time of
the day, identification of the last function-key used, etc.
- Capability to develop one's own functions.
- Powerful indexing language for processing multi-level iterative data
(arrays, trailers, etc.), featuring automatic search and operations.
- Conditional expressions nested up to 99 levels, which may include validity
checking, text scanning, etc.
- Efficient character-translation tables to perform operations such as
translating lowercase to uppercase letters.
- Capability of calling external programs and to be called as a subprogram.
- Definition of symbols to represent complex and/or repetitive expressions.
- Capability to address fields through pointers.